The cathedral of Vasto, named after St. Joseph, is the cathedral of the archdiocese of Chieti-Vasto. Of the ancient medieval church called Santa Margherita remains only the façade with the portal and the 14th century rose window. In the 17th century it was titled St. Augustine and in 1808 at St. Joseph. It was elevated to the cathedral in 1853. Since 1986 it has become a cathedral. The first plant dates back to the 13th century. Originally, the convent church was named after Sant’Agostino, then, in the French decade, took its present name, and until that time the church remained the original appearance. According to the schema of the churches of the beggars orders of the 13th-14th century the church was a single nave with vaulted ceiling and vaulted vault. The church was expanded in the 19th and 20th centuries. Of the original church there is only one monofora with hinges on the north side and a few other vague elements it can be assumed that the crowning was horizontal. In 1895 there were renovations. In the eighties of the twentieth century they were destroyed with dynamite loads of works in the cloister. Rosette, marcapian frames and portal are in stone. The portal, as well as the pillars and the architrave, also contain Roman burial material. The bell tower was rebuilt in the 18th century, but the medieval era remains the base with a sharp arch, in the marcapian frames and on the shoe walls. The interior, with a single transept nave, is painted in a neo-medieval style in two colors by fake stone carved stones, frescoed by Achille Carnevale in 1923.